Day 11 - A show that disappointed you
Oh hell. The list of shows that haven't
disappointed me is much shorter.
- I've written many, many
entries on why Season 3 just didn't work as well as I was expecting. (In fact, I'm working on another retrospect one.) That's not to say I won't be watching Season 4; I just feel like S3 was a lot of wheel-spinning.
- Seasons 1 and 2 were strong, especially S1; I lost interest in the show halfway through S3.
-Big Bang Theory
- I liked Leonard/Penny until it happened. (I'm sure the show could manage to screw up Sheldon/Penny too, let's be honest.)
- should have ended with S7.
-Lois & Clark
- You have to admit, that lame clone marrying Clark thing was... yeah, lame. On the whole, though, I did love this series, and the cliffhanger at the end was just mean, considering that we never saw the resolution.
-Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- got rid of Goren and Eames. After driving Goren's personal life off a cliff.
Otherwise I get disappointed when a show doesn't live up to its hype - I think Harper's Island
was good but I was expecting something a little different. And sometimes I'll get very excited about a show but then its pilot utterly sucks and I have no interest in watching after that. (I figured out very early that I didn't want to watch Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters,
or Grey's Anatomy
every week.) It's possible those shows got better. I'm probably not going to tune back in to find that out.
(Also, am I disappointed that Stabler and Benson haven't hooked up? Yeah, a little, even though I stopped watching SVU
a few seasons ago.)( previous days )